Rootserver Sponsor

webtropia"

Donations

Please support your operating system's further development:

donate"

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
alexkOffline
15 Post subject: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 15.11.2015, 20:43

After an upgrade in recent weeks, Iceweasel icons are almost invisible, only showing a small part of the usual image. The 32/48/64 size Iceweasel icons in /usr/share/icons/hicolor are indeed only partial. I'm current running the Experimental version 42.0-1, but this issue has been the same in the Sid versions. I tried using my own icons in some default locations but no joy so far.

Iceweasel_Icon.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.52 KB
 Viewed:  48208 Time(s)

Iceweasel_Icon.png

Last edited by alexk on 12.03.2016, 18:48; edited 3 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 15.11.2015, 20:54

After logging out and logging back into Plasma, I did manage to get the normal icons back, but only after replacing corrupted icons in default locations (/usr/share/iceweasel/browser/chrome/icons/default, /usr/share/pixmaps/, /usr/share/icons/hicolor) with my own versions.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 16.11.2015, 01:37

Check the icon size settings for folder view (right click on the desktop), defaults tend to be overly large (48px).

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 18.11.2015, 04:33

Right-clicking on the desktop, I have Desktop Settings that only allow to change the wallpaper, mouse actions and experimental tweaks. I don't see a desktop folder view. I can change icon sizes only under System Settings, Icons, Advanced, where I see the default for the Desktop is 48. But I tend to doubt this is an issue with Plasma, as when I examine the actual 32/48/64 icon image files in the locations listed above, they look like the above example, or have even more blank space. Since the larger icon sizes like 128/256 were OK, I used those to recreate the smaller sizes in PNG and XPM format and the issue is solved, as long as I don't reinstall Iceweasel.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 18.11.2015, 05:53

I misparsed the initial post[1], it's tracked under #801992[2].

[1] and thought it would just be an display issue, rather than actually broken icons in the package
[2] given that the faulty build-dependency has been fixed, the next set of iceweasel uploads, whenever those will happen, to Debian should have proper icons again

ghstryderOffline
Post subject: Re: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 18.11.2015, 12:59

alexk wrote:
Right-clicking on the desktop, I have Desktop Settings that only allow to change the wallpaper, mouse actions and experimental tweaks. I don't see a desktop folder view. I can change icon sizes only under System Settings, Icons, Advanced, where I see the default for the Desktop is 48. But I tend to doubt this is an issue with Plasma, as when I examine the actual 32/48/64 icon image files in the locations listed above, they look like the above example, or have even more blank space. Since the larger icon sizes like 128/256 were OK, I used those to recreate the smaller sizes in PNG and XPM format and the issue is solved, as long as I don't reinstall Iceweasel.

The settings SLH mentioned appear in "Folder View" Layout only. If you are not seeing them you are probably using "Desktop" Layout.

This won't correct the current problem with the icons, of course.

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 22.11.2015, 19:59

Yes, I'm using Desktop layout, forgot about Folder View and where one can select that. Found out how to get it consulting the documentation. Thanks.

Problem is solved by properly scaling the icons, though I still have the cropped icons inside of Iceweasel, probably because I still need to rescale additional icons below the 32x32 size.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 16.12.2015, 20:16

This should now be resolved with today's set of iceweasel uploads.

BTOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 29.12.2015, 15:38

Confirmed, the issue is resolved.
iceweasel 43.0.2-1

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 17.02.2016, 02:38

This issue has reoccurred in Iceweasel version 44.0.2-1.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 17.02.2016, 03:35

The underlying bug resurfaced about two weeks ago, but a fix had been uploaded earlier today
      Code:
librsvg (2.40.13-3) unstable; urgency=medium

* Restore 01_Revert-bgo-520654-Support-export-id-in-rsvg-convert-.patch.
    The upstream patch 30_Don-t-crash-when-filters-don-t-exist.patch addresses
    a different issue, so the revert is still necessary.
  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.7.
  * Drop librsvg2-dbg now that we have automatic dbgsym packages.

-- [maintainer]  Wed, 17 Feb 2016 00:37:18 +0100
The next iceweasel update should make use of this fixed version again and fix the bug.

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Partial Iceweasel icons  PostPosted: 12.03.2016, 18:47

Today's dist-upgrade pulled in firefox-esr and iceweasel links no longer work. The Firefox icons look fine. I removed what remained of the iceweasel package. Icedove remains the same.

Debian Is Finally Switching to Firefox, After a Decade of Using Iceweasel

Jump to: