Rootserver Sponsor

webtropia"

Donations

Please support your operating system's further development:

donate"

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
alexkOffline
Post subject: Can't connect with connman  PostPosted: 06.11.2016, 21:57

Upon installing connman, I get this error:
      Code:
Setting up connman (1.33-1) ...
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/network-online.target.wants/connman-wait-online.service → /lib/systemd/system/connman-wait-online.service.
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/connman.service → /lib/systemd/system/connman.service.

Job for connman-wait-online.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status connman-wait-online.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
connman-wait-online.service couldn't start.

systemctl status connman-wait-online.service reports:
      Code:
● connman-wait-online.service - Wait for network to be configured by ConnMan
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/connman-wait-online.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2016-11-06 16:08:57 EST; 12min ago
 Main PID: 6232 (code=exited, status=110)

Nov 06 16:06:57 MSAK1 systemd[1]: Starting Wait for network to be configured by ConnMan...
Nov 06 16:08:57 MSAK1 systemd[1]: connman-wait-online.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=110/n/a
Nov 06 16:08:57 MSAK1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Wait for network to be configured by ConnMan.
Nov 06 16:08:57 MSAK1 systemd[1]: connman-wait-online.service: Unit entered failed state.
Nov 06 16:08:57 MSAK1 systemd[1]: connman-wait-online.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Edit: Provided full output of systemctl status command.

Last edited by alexk on 07.11.2016, 00:12; edited 1 time in total

Reply with quote Back to top
alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Can  PostPosted: 06.11.2016, 22:08

journalctl -xe reports:
      Code:
Nov 06 17:02:34 MSAK1 systemd[1]: ^[[0;1;39mconnman-wait-online.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=110/n/a
Nov 06 17:02:34 MSAK1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Wait for network to be configured by ConnMan.
-- Subject: Unit connman-wait-online.service has failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: https://www.debian.org/support
--
-- Unit connman-wait-online.service has failed.
--
-- The result is failed.
Nov 06 17:02:34 MSAK1 systemd[1]: ^[[0;1;39mconnman-wait-online.service: Unit entered failed state.
Nov 06 17:02:34 MSAK1 systemd[1]: ^[[0;1;39mconnman-wait-online.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 06 17:02:35 MSAK1 dbus[653]: ^[[0;1;39m[system] Reloaded configuration
Nov 06 17:02:35 MSAK1 systemd[1]: Reloading.
Nov 06 17:02:35 MSAK1 systemd[1]: apt-daily.timer: Adding 11h 41min 58.341940s random time.
Nov 06 17:02:35 MSAK1 systemd[1]: ^[[0;1;39mresolvconf.service: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit resolvconf.service is masked.

slhOffline
Post subject: RE: Can  PostPosted: 06.11.2016, 23:38

According to your previous post, it appears that connman was just installed on your system because of relatively far fetching recommends, rather than you intentionally installing it in order to manage your networking setup instead of ifupdown | systemd-networkd | network-manager. If this is the case, I'd suggest to simply remove (purge) connmann again, instead of actually debugging the underlying issues (having multiple networking dæmons installed, each trying to exclusively take over all aspects of your networking is a recipe for havoc).

If you have a particular reason to use connman instead of your existing networking setup, we can revisit this issue. While connman has some interesting traits, we don't use it in any aptosid flavour, nor really actively support it, which doesn't imply that it shouldn't work, just that it might need special configuration and/ or a clean slate.

aptosid has exclusively favoured ifupdown for networking needs so far, upcoming versions will likely use systemd-networkd by default (at least for the simple ethernet && dhcp case).

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Can  PostPosted: 06.11.2016, 23:55

Yes, connman was brought in automatically by an 'apt install lxqt' command. And I purged it after failing to get it to connect to my wifi network. All I could do with it is turn the "power" on the interface on and off, which seemed the equivalent of doing an 'rfkill unblock' on the device. I found that installing connman not only removed the resolvconf package, but also left my wireless soft-blocked. I was just trying connman to see if it provided an easier way to reconnect to wifi vs. using the command line. But my connection is enabled automatically at boot and is usually pretty stable these days.

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Can  PostPosted: 07.11.2016, 00:07

I don't have suggested or recommended packages installed automatically.
      Code:
cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/80aptosid
// apt defaults for aptosid
// apt 0.7 introduces automatic behaviour unsuitable for sid, revert this

// auto-remove breaks on meta packages
APT::Get::AutomaticRemove "0";
APT::Get::HideAutoRemove "1";

// Recommends are as of now still abused in many packages
// APT::Install-Recommends "0";
APT::Install-Suggests "0";
Debug::pkgAutoRemove "0";

// PDiffs reduce the required download for apt-get update, but increase the
// CPU requirements and quite often fail.
// Acquire::PDiffs "0";

apt-cache rdepends connman
connman
Reverse Depends:
  connman-vpn
  cmst
 |modem-manager-gui
  connman-vpn
 |modem-manager-gui
  connman-vpn
  connman-vpn
 |lxqt
  connman-ui
  connman-vpn
  connman-vpn
  cmst

alexkOffline
Post subject: RE: Can  PostPosted: 07.11.2016, 03:22

Oops, it appears I do actually have Install-Recommends turned on, I forgot about that. The line in 80aptosid that turns it off is commented out. Good to know.

Jump to: