Rootserver Sponsor

webtropia"

Donations

Please support your operating system's further development:

donate"

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
roliOffline
Post subject: blank screen for entering PWD on notebook with Radeon grafic  PostPosted: 03.09.2012, 07:31

Hi,

yesterday i installed aptosid on a notebook with radeon grafic, 6310 as far as i remeber.
I used "system Full Disk Encryption - The Debian Way". After installing everything worked fine, firmware-linux free and nonfree where also installed. Next i did a dist-upgrade. The result was, that the screen where i have to enter the disk encrytion pwd was black after rebooting the system. If i enter the pwd, the notebook continues to boot, and just a moment after pressing enter, i'll see the boot messages on the screen.
How can i manage to see the "please enter your disk encrytion pwd" question?

Thanx

Roland

Last edited by roli on 08.11.2012, 08:52; edited 2 times in total

Reply with quote Back to top
roliOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 15.09.2012, 14:47

Hi,

for the records, after updating the system i see when i'm asked for entering the password.
The grafix chip is a Radeon HD 6310

roliOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 08.11.2012, 08:51

Hi,

my problem is back again, after installing the latest kernel yesterday, i can't see the prompt for entering the disk encryption pwd.

Yours

roliOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 08.11.2012, 18:08

Hi,

here some more details about the system, it's a Compaq Presario CQ57-444SG.
CPU: Dual core AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (-MCP-) cache: 1024 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4a ssse3 svm)
Clock Speeds: 1: 1300.00 MHz 2: 780.00 MHz
Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Wrestler [Radeon HD 6310]
X.org: 1.12.3.902 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) tty size: 139x32 Advanced Data: N/A for root

With Kernel 3.5-3.slh2-aptosid-amd64 actuall everything is working fine, with 3.6-5.slh.3-amd64 not now, maybe after the distupgrade is done it will be fine again.

EDIT:
21:22 distupgrade is done, but i still have to enter the disk encryption pwd blind. Afterwards X-Windows System (KDM) starts as expected, but i can't switch via Alt+Strg+F1 ... to a console session, this is also black in black.

Jump to: