Rootserver Sponsor

webtropia"

Donations

Please support your operating system's further development:

donate"

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
devilOffline
Post subject: only sad news  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 14:10

channel operators in #aptosid (slh, etorix) are kicking people from #aptosid left and rigth, because they try to find out why me and others were banned from aptosid support facilities on IRC. this will probably be my last message here, because my account will be locked down.
sad.

greetz
devil

Reply with quote Back to top
wolo
Post subject: RE: only sad news  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 14:15

very sad news Sad javascript:emoticon('Sad')

where is aptosid going to?

DeepDayzeOffline
Post subject: RE: only sad news  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 14:43

oh that's rough devil...this truly is sad sad news

drbOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 14:49

It was really helpful having you as a non-developer real-helper over the past few months!

All the best for the future . . . you'll be sorely missed

slamOffline
Post subject: RE: only sad news  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 14:51
Team Member

This is no Aptosid news, moved to "Anything goes". The OT missed to mention the reasons why those people have been banned, and that one of them used at least 5 different user names - which is strictly against OFTC policy, not just agains our own one.

And devil, I guess you have just mistakenly highjacked my avatar - as you also have just mistakenly given away the aptosid.de domain to the sidux e.v., etc.

EDIT: Thanks for removing my avatar from your account.

Greetings,
Chris

Last edited by slam on 21.06.2011, 15:01; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
devilOffline
Post subject: RE: only sad news  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 15:00

no, the avatar was snatched on purpose to show who is behind all this.

bfreeOffline
Post subject: Re: only sad news  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 15:48
Team Member

devil wrote:
channel operators in #aptosid (slh, etorix) are kicking people from #aptosid left and rigth

3 people (including devil) is kicking people left and right?
      devil wrote:
, because they try to find out why me and others were banned from aptosid support facilities on IRC.

They were trolling, stiring the pot, making noise for the lulz. If they happened to ask any questions about devil that was co-incidental to the primary misbehaviours.
      devil wrote:
this will probably be my last message here, because my account will be locked down.

If this wasn't your intention then you were deeply misguided. Frankly anyone should expect to be banned from any forum simply for reposting a removed thread they happened to see before it was removed. Couple that with continuous personal attacks and what else could you expect?
      devil wrote:
sad.

No argument with that at least.
      devil wrote:
no, the avatar was snatched on purpose to show who is behind all this.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. slam had nothing to do with any of this unless you count the fact that he was one of the 6 team members who agreed with the actions taken.

Now I'm locking this thread as it is obviously not going to be in any way useful, unless you goal is to add to the flamewars and personal attacks on the internet for the lulz. If that is your goal please find a more appropriate target then a volunteer group producing a Free Software distribution.

devilOffline
Post subject: RE: Re: only sad news  PostPosted: 21.06.2011, 19:02

bfree,
      Quote:

3 people (including devil) is kicking people left and right?

i beg to differ, me including 2 others where banned, in my case in the middle of the night.
what i am on about happened this afternoon.
      Quote:

They were trolling, stiring the pot, making noise for the lulz. If they happened to ask any questions about devil that was co-incidental to the primary misbehaviours.

right, why not tell them, what the story was, maybe they'd understand and realise, how evil the supporters in #aptosid really were.
      Quote:

Couple that with continuous personal attacks and what else could you expect?

sorry, but personal attacks is the only thing that gets through to Mr. Teflon-Slam
      Quote:

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story. slam had nothing to do with any of this unless you count the fact that he was one of the 6 team members who agreed with the actions taken.
i beg to differ again, slam has to do with everything going wrong here. its gotten to the point where i have fun pulling his hair. and that also makes me sad. what also made me sad, was him rejoicing (in private -dev channel) last night, that i was finaly gone and that it was too bad he could not be there to hold the door for me.
I was not only sad but shocked today to hear that he said, that the dev team retreated from doing support in #aptosid because "devil, towo and absolut always interfered and pushed themselves to the foreground" you really need a lot of nerve to twist the truth in such a way. towo was already doing support in kanotix when i first joined their channel. i helped setting up sidux and aptosid and again, towo, absolut and me did the support, day in, day out. so, shame on you, Mr. Teflon.
enough said. thanks for listening, and now i will close this closed thread Smile

thxx for the fish
devil

Jump to: