Rootserver Sponsor

webtropia"

Donations

Please support your operating system's further development:

donate"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HendrikOffline
29 Post subject: Kernel 3.1-4: Module snd-hda-intel stopped working  PostPosted: 08.12.2011, 09:25

Dear aptosid community,

I want to file a bug regarding the kernel versions since 3.1-4. I am using aptosid on a machine with amd64 architecture. My soundcard is one of those "Intel
HDA" things. Using "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec*|head -n1", I get "SigmaTel STAC9227" as model.

Until kernel 3.1-0, my audio worked without problems, using snd-hda-intel as driver:
modprobe snd-hda-intel model=ref-no-jd
Indeed, switching back to this kernel version makes the sound work again.

Since the 3.1-4 versions, sound has stopped working. In /var/log/messages, I get a line
snd_hda_intel: probe of 0000:00:1b.0 failed with error -16
No files are created in /dev/snd. Under /proc/asound/cards, the card is not listed. Changing the model from ref-no-jd to 3stack brings no change, it still does not work.

Greetings,
Hendrik

Reply with quote Back to top
Jump to: